DIGITAL CHALLENGE Open call
DigiFed and European enterprises are looking for StartUps and SMEs who are ready to:
- Respond to digital challenges for which NO Cyber Physical Systems or embedded systems solutions have been identified in the market
- Collaborate with large organisations to prototype potential solutions
DIGIFED AND THE DIGITAL CHALLENGE OWNERS OFFER:
- The opportunity to respond to a real-world industry challenge adding a relevant use case to your unique value proposition.
- Up to €110k in funding – representing 70% of your project’s declared budget.
- Added value to your product, through high-level technical expertise, innovation support and access to pilot sites to deploy your solution
- The opportunity to bid to implement the full solution for the Digital Challenge Owner
- Innovation management support focusing on sustainable business development – to help your innovation get to the market via DigiFed and the Smart Anything Everywhere ecosystem.
- Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) services to identify technical partners, commercial opportunities in Europe and receive tailored support, webinars and boot camps through the DigiFed project.
IF YOU ARE:
- Developing innovative smart solutions worthy of market leaders.
- Bridging the physical and virtual worlds with advanced technologies and industrialized solutions.
- Interested in using premium resources and competencies to speed up solutions development.
- Wishing to access a unique European ecosystem composed of leading industrial companies, world-class research organizations, innovation accelerators and private investors.
→ APPLY NOW TO TAKE ON THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGE(S):
Build an AIOT System of Systems (GE Hydro France)
Funding: 110k €
GE Hydro France is entering Industry 4.0 and looking for solutions to build an AIOT (Artificial Intelligence of Things) system of systems.
The ideal candidates are mature companies, with experience in IIOT, Artificial Intelligence, Tiny Machine Learning & Arduino. These companies shall have strong knowledge in embedded devices/electronics and libraries building to help GE Hydro France achieve a state of the art data collection and processing to enable Condition Based Monitoring of critical components.
Proposals shall be pan-European (EU member states or H2020 associated countries, including the UK) where applicants:
- Have existing Customer experience or ideally, successfully taken a product or a service from TRL 3 to TRL 8
- Will be using an agile approach during the development and work closely with the Digital Challenge Owner to deliver the proposed solution
The interested parties will need to follow the two-stage application process and submit a signed non-disclosure agreement before engaging with the Digital Challenge Owners.
* UK companies remain eligible for grants and procurement procedures as if the UK was a member state for the entirety of the Horizon 2020 framework programme and previous framework programmes. This also applies for to financial support to third parties according to Article 204 FR (cascading grants) and applies for the duration of H2020 projects.
HOW TO APPLY?
A key requirement for the pre-selection stage is the submission of the NDA signed document by all the participant 3rd parties.
Due to the confidentiality constraints of the ‘Build an AIOT System of Systems’ Digital Challenge, the specific details of the NDA document (i.e Digital Challenge Owner contact details) cannot be shared on the DigiFed website.
We ask all interested parties to fill in the NDA template document with their details only (sections highlighted in yellow) and submit these on the portal by 6th November.
All the selected companies will receive the final version of this NDA (with the Digital Challenge Owner, DigiFed partners’ details etc.) signed by all parties after the 6th November.
ALL PRE-SELECTED COMPANIES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND A DEDICATED WEBINAR WITH GE HYDRO FRANCE ON THE 9th November, 2020.
Application Process Timeline
APPLICATION DOCUMENTATION PACK
- Pre-selection form (pdf) (for interested companies to use during the application preparation; the final submission should be done using the portal https://digifed.org/upload-dc/)
- NDA template (docx)
- Proposal application template (docx)
- Guide for applicants (pdf)
- Video pitch preparation guide
- Digital Challenge General Information and Application Process (ppt)
- Digital Challenge FAQ page
- Digital Challenge Webinar
If you are interested in applying, please register and submit your application on our dedicated Digital Challenge upload portal (https://digifed.org/upload-dc/)
For more information around the Build an AIOT System of Systems digital challenge, please see this page.